Bus SafetyIn order to maintain maximum safety and punctuality for children who ride the buses, we solicit the cooperation of all parents in helping their children to understand and observe rules that ensure a safe bus trip. Riding a school bus may be denied upon violation of these district transportation rules:
- Be at the bus stop on time. Bus schedules will operate with a leeway of 5 minutes, plus or minus.
- It is expected that parents of Kindergarten children or their adult designee will be at the bus stop with their child.
- Respect private property at or near your bus stop.
- Cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus when the driver signals for you to do so.
- Go directly to your seat and remain seated until the bus stops.
- Recognize the authority of the bus driver; do not distract by shouting, pushing, shoving and/or annoying fellow passengers or the driver.
- Keep hands, arms and head inside the bus.
- Indecent or profane language will not be tolerated.
- Use of tobacco, drugs or alcohol is prohibited on school property which includes buses.
- Do not put books or other items in the bus aisle.
- Unauthorized persons cannot ride our school buses.
- Riders must follow the driver's instructions at all times.
If you have any transportation-related questions, please contact Mr. Bryan Philips, Transportation Supervisor at 298-7378.